Designed with the help of Philadelphia Ordnance and printed with PLA Pro +, for added strength from the Creatbot DX Plus to hold +/-.001” from the 3d model. These MG34 3D Printed Display Receiver will accept the needed parts to build a dummy gun at a fraction of the price of ones made from steel. Please note these are made to order and will ship 1 week after your order date. No FFL needed.
The MG 34, also known as the Maschinengewehr 34, was a German recoil-operated air-cooled general-purpose machine gun that was introduced in 1934 and issued to units in 1936. It was chambered for the 7.92×57mm Mauser rifle cartridge and had a high rate of fire of up to 900 rounds per minute. The MG 34 was designed to provide portable light and medium machine gun infantry cover, anti-aircraft coverage, and even sniping ability. However, its design proved to be rather complex for mass production, and it was supplemented by the simpler to mass-produce MG 42, though both remained in service and production until the end of the war. As a result, the MG 34 receiver, which was one of the more complicated parts to manufacture, was often recycled for use in the MG 42.
|In service||1936–1945 (officially, German military) 1936–present (other armies)|
|Manufacturer||Rheinmetall-Borsig AG Soemmerda, Mauserwerke AG, Steyr-Daimler-Puch AG, Waffenwerke Brünn|
|Unit cost||312 ℛℳ (1944)|
|1260 EUR current equivalent|
|Mass||12.1 kg (26.7 lb)|
|32 kg (70.5 lb) (with tripod)|
|Length||1,219 mm (48.0 in)|
|Barrel length||627 mm (24.7 in)|
|Action||Recoil-operated, opened rotating bolt|
|Rate of fire||800–900 rounds/min|
|Early versions: 600–1,000 rounds/min selectable on pistol grip|
|MG 34″S”: 1,500 rounds/min.|
|MG 34/41: 1,200 rounds/min.|
|Practical: 150 rounds/min|
|Muzzle velocity||765 m/s (2,510 ft/s) (s.S. Patrone)|
|Effective firing range||200–2,000 m (219–2,187 yd) sight adjustments|
|3,500 m (3,828 yd) with tripod and telescopic sight|
|Maximum firing range||4,700 m (5,140 yd)|
|Feed system||50/250-round Patronengurt 33, 34, or 34/41 model belt, 50-round drum, or 75-round drum magazine with modification|
|Sights||Iron sights, antiaircraft sight or telescopic sights|
In 1932, the German Ministry of the Reichswehr ordered several companies, including Rheinmetall, to develop a new machine gun that could replace several specific machine guns in German use. The specifications for the gun were to be lightweight, easy to operate, have a quick-change barrel, and be capable of single-shot and two different cyclic rates.
The resulting gun, the MG 34, was based on a 1930 design by Rheinmetall called the MG 30. The design was modified by Heinrich Vollmer of Mauser Industries to meet the specifications set by the Reichswehr. The MG 34 was capable of multiple roles and had a significant influence from Rheinmetall’s Sömmerda plant.
In 1937, the feeding system was redesigned to use reusable metal belts and a belt drum. The rate of fire was also increased, and the gun could be fired in either semi-automatic or fully automatic modes. Before large-scale production began, 2,300 MG 34s were produced in two early versions that were slightly different from the final design.
The MG 34 was reliable when properly maintained but was sensitive to extreme weather conditions, dirt, and mud. Its dissemination throughout the German forces was hampered by its expensive and complex design, which required high machine time, skilled labor, and high-quality metal alloys. MG 34 production during the war amounted to over 350,000 units.
The MG 34 was the mainstay of German Army support weapons from its first pre-large scale production issue in 1935 until 1942 when it was replaced by the MG 42. The Germans continued widespread production of MG 34s in parallel until the end of the war.