This repair section is for only the back portion of the receiver to splice missing sections. This section is made to originally dimensional specs, and from HRO 1008 steel that is .075” thick. NO FFL NEEDED.
During the design of the PPS-43 submachine gun, one of the main goals was to simplify production and reduce machining time. The majority of the gun’s components were made of stamped sheet metal, which significantly reduced the need for machining operations. As a result, the time required for machining was reduced by over 50%, from 7.3 hours for the PPSh-41 to just 2.7 hours for the PPS-43. Additionally, the amount of raw steel used was cut by more than 50%, from 13.9 kg to just 6.2 kg.
Fewer workers were also required to produce and assemble the parts. The improved production efficiency allowed for a significant increase in monthly submachine gun output, with estimates suggesting that production could be raised from 135,000 units to 350,000 weapons.
For those interested in building their own PPS-43, an 80% receiver which is a non firearm componet that can help which requires additonal manufacturing to complete the build.
- Soviet Union
- Finland M/44 submachine gun.
- Poland Between 1946 and 1955
- PPS wz. 43: the PPS-43 which was license-produced from 1946
- PPS wz. 43/52: pps43 with a fixed wood stock
- China– Type 54, license-produced version of PPS-43
- West Germany– In 1953, the border guards (Bundesgrenzschutz) adopted the Spanish-made DUX-53 and DUX-59 submachine guns, copied from the PPS-43 by way of the Finnish M/44.
- Vietnam – K-50M also borrowed elements from the PPS design
- Hungary – in the 1950s Hungary combined basic features of the PPS-43 with the bolt safety of the PPSh-41 in the unsuccessful M53.
|Designer||I. K. Bezruchko-Vysotsky and A. I. Sudayev|
|No. built||~2 million (USSR)|
|Variants||PPS-42, PPS-43, M/44, PPS wz. 1943/1952, Type 43|
|Mass||PPS-42: 2.95 kg (6.50 lb)|
|`||3.04 kg (6.7 lb)|
|Length||PPS-42: 907 mm (35.7 in) stock extended / 641 mm (25.2 in) stock folded|
|PPS-43:||820 mm (32.3 in) stock extended / 615 mm (24.2 in) stock folded|
|Barrel length||PPS-42: 273 mm (10.7 in)|
|Action||Blowback, open bolt|
|Rate of fire||500–600 rounds/min (cyclic rate)|
|Muzzle velocity||Approx. 500 m/s (1,640 ft/s)|
|Effective firing range||100–150 m|
|Maximum firing range||200 m|
|Feed system||35-round detachable box magazine|
|Sights||Flip rear sight, fixed blade front sight|