This laser cut flat which can be formed into a receiver repair section for the parts kits. Material is 12 Ga (.095″) A-36 Hot roll steel. This flat is 7″ long and includes the ejecion slot and the opening for the trunnion upper rivet projection.
NO FFL or paperwork is required.
The PPSh-41 (Russian: Пистоле́т-пулемёт Шпа́гина, istolét-pulemyót Shpágina-41, ‘Shpagin’s machine-pistol-41’) is a Soviet submachine gun designed by Georgy Shpagin as a cheaper and simplified alternative to the PPD-40. A common Russian nickname for the weapon is “papasha” (папа́ша), meaning “daddy”, and it was sometimes called the “burp gun” because of its high fire-rate.
The PPSh is a magazine-fed selective-fire submachine gun using an open bolt, blowback action. Made largely of stamped steel, it can be loaded with either a box or drum magazine and fires the 7.62×25mm Tokarev pistol round.
The PPSh saw extensive combat use during World War II and the Korean War; in Eastern Bloc countries, monuments celebrating the actions of the Red Army commonly feature a PPSh-41. It became one of the major infantry weapons of the Soviet Armed Forces during World War II, with about six million PPSh-41s manufactured in this period, making it the most-produced submachine gun of the war. In the form of the Chinese Type 50 (licensed copy), it continued in use with the Viet Cong as late as 1970, and remains in use with irregular militaries.
|In service||1941–1960s (USSR)|
|1941–present (Other countries)|
|No. built||Approx. 6,000,000|
|Mass||3.63 kg (8.0 lb) (without magazine)|
|Length||843 mm (33.2 in)|
|Barrel length||269 mm (10.6 in)|
|Action||Blowback, open bolt|
|Rate of fire||1250 RPM|
|Muzzle velocity||488 m/s (1,600.6 ft/s)|
|Effective firing range||150 m – 200 m|
|Maximum firing range||250m|
|Feed system||35-round box magazine or 71-round drum magazine|
|32-round box magazine (Captured German versions)|
The PPSh-41 fires the standard Soviet pistol and submachine gun cartridge, the 7.62×25mm Tokarev. Weighing approximately 12 pounds (5.45 kg) with a loaded 71-round drum and 9.5 pounds (4.32 kg) with a loaded 35-round box magazine. The PPSh is capable of a rate of about 1250 rounds per minute, a very high rate of fire in comparison to most other military submachine guns of World War II. It is a durable, low-maintenance weapon made of low-cost, easily obtained components, primarily stamped sheet metal and wood. The final production PPShs have top ejection and an L type rear sight that can be adjusted for ranges of 100 and 200 meters. A crude compensator is built into the barrel jacket, intended to reduce muzzle climb during automatic fire. The compensator was moderately successful in this respect, but it greatly increased the muzzle flash and report of the weapon. The PPSh also has a hinged receiver to facilitate field-stripping and cleaning the weapon.
A chrome-lined bore enables the PPSh to withstand both corrosive ammunition and long intervals between cleaning. No forward grip or forearm was provided, and the operator generally has to grasp the weapon behind the drum magazine with the supporting hand, or else hold the lower edge of the drum magazine. Though 35-round curved box magazines were available from 1942, the average Soviet infantryman in World War II carried the PPSh with the original 71-round drum magazine.